PADI Open Water
Open Water Diving Course with MolaMola Diving Center in Oman
The Open Water Diving Course is a 4 day program that helps you gain the knowledge and skills needed to become a PADI-certified diver. Once you enroll in this course, you will start by going through E-Learning materials to learn about the theories of diving. There’s no need to hurry as you can study the online lessons at home and at your own pace. The in-water training will be held at our private swimming pool where you can apply your new knowledge and skills in confined waters before proceeding to open water dives. Our PADI certified scuba instructors will be with you at every step of the way to ensure the dives are both safe and fun!
The Open Water Diving lessons involve a combination of nine dives: five confined water and four open water dives. No need to purchase or rent scuba diving equipment, we will provide them for you as they are included in the package.
Upon completion, you will receive a certification from PADI and you will be qualified to dive to a depth of 18m with a dive buddy. For children (10 – 14 years old) who completed this course, they will be certified to dive to a depth of 12m with a guardian or a PADI Pro.
Interested participants should be:
- at least 10 years old or older
- in good health
- knows how to swim
How To Start The E-Learning Part?
Within 24 hours after sending your payment, you will receive an email from PADI containing a redeem code. Use this redeem code to create an account and log-in to the PADI website to be granted access to the Open Water Touch app or the Open Water Manual. The Open Water Manual or Open Water Touch is divided into 5 sections and contains interactive presentations, videos, audios, and other reading materials about the course. There will be a final assessment and a table exam at the end of e-Learning course to gauge if you are ready for the actual lessons in the water.
In-Water Scuba Lessons
After reading the online course materials, it’s time for the fun part – the actual dives! Let us know your preferred time and date and we will take care of the rest. Please meet us at the MolaMola Diving Center in Muscat at your desired date to fill out some forms and to fit your scuba equipment. Our PADI-certified instructors will then accompany you to our private swimming pool or other dive sites in Damaniyat Island to continue the Open Water Course. All in all, there will be 5 confined water dives in one session and 4 open water dives in two sessions.
- Extra set of clothes
- You must read the first 2 chapters of the e-Learning course before starting the dive sessions.
- It usually takes 3 or 4 days to finish the course but it also depends on your performance – we want to be sure that you’re confident enough when under water.
- The diving sessions don’t have to be 4 consecutive days, you can take the succeeding session/s on a later date as long as it is within 6 months of the first one. Just let us know and we would be happy to arrange the sessions at a time that is convenient for you..
- Whenever you will contact MolaMola Diving Center be sure we will be always at your service.
Course Duration: 3 days (3 sessions)