Whether you are traveling with your friends, family, or partner, Oman is one of the best destinations in the middle east. The Arab country is home to gorgeous tourist attractions. Moreover, its waters are capable of tempting everyone with their turquoise hues. Thus, snorkeling here is counted as the most sought-after adventurous water activity. This recreational activity is opted by almost everyone who travels to Muscat.
If you want to witness the beauty of the marine world and cherish vibrant and colorful corals and fish, then snorkeling is your best bet. This water adventure activity will leave you awestruck with its immense gorgeousness. You are sure to crave more. That’s why many tourists choose to indulge in this activity again and again. Daymaniyat Islands and Fahal Island are counted among the best diving spots in Oman.
Let’s find out what you should expect while snorkeling here!
Top locations for snorkeling in Oman
There are many sites for snorkeling in Oman but the below-mentioned 2 dive sites are the top ones:
- Daymaniyat Islands: These are counted among the best diving spot in the country. The islands are a great place to snorkel. Discovering the underwater world of these rocky islets via a snorkeling tour is a must-do in Oman. The Daymaniyat Islands Nature Reserve is a perfect choice if you are seeking an amazing excursion from Muscat. The snorkeling spots here are very peaceful and thus, good for newbies. You can bring your own snorkeling gear or rent from us. The highlighting features of the islands are mentioned below:
- 9 rocky islets
- Azure waters
- Mesmerising white sand beaches
- A protected marine reserve with colorful fish, whale sharks, and sea turtles
- Fahal Island: This island is also known as Shark Island and is counted among the most significant biological and geological sanctuaries in the world. When in Muscat, snorkeling on this island should be on your list. The underwater world here is a sight to behold. It includes lovely soft and hard corals along with schools of colorful fish that swim around you. And if you are an experienced deep sea diver, then you can go for an enthralling wreck dive at Al Fahal Island. On the northern side of the island, you can find a tugboat wreck at 30 meters below sea level. Feeling even more adventurous? Dive at 40 meters to explore the deep reefs of the island.
Best time to go snorkeling in Oman
Oman is an all-year-round destination for snorkeling as its waters usually range from 21 to 30 degrees Celsius. However, the months from August to January and March-end to May are considered the best because of the perfect temperature during this time. The water is quite pleasant in this season.
Useful tips for snorkeling in Oman
- In order to avoid any last-minute chaos, booking your snorkeling slot in advance is recommended.
- Always check your snorkeling gear before heading to the ocean. Change it if you are feeling any kind of discomfort. Don’t end up in panic under the sea.
- Be careful during the training as you will learn the important gestures and methods. You will be taught about snorkel usage as well.
- In order to avoid sickness under the water, do not eat anything heavy 3-4 hours before your dive.
How much does a snorkeling trip cost?
30 OMR- This includes snorkeling equipment, BBQ lunch, fruits, water, soft drinks, and national park fees of 3 OMR per person)
Bring the following with you:
- Reusable bottle
The water of Oman is simply magical and dipping into it is going to be a great memory!